LAWYER – SENIOR ASSOCIATE
Leah is one of our hardworking and dedicated legal practitioners. She has worked in family law since 2008 when she commenced working as a paralegal, and has practiced almost exclusively in the area since her admission as a solicitor in 2013.
While she is exceptionally settlement focused and approaches all matters with the view of reaching a negotiated agreement, she also has extensive litigation experience. Commended for her impeccable attention to detail and her organisational skills, Leah remains compassionate while still providing pragmatic advice to her clients.
Leah’s experience has seen her deal with financial matters ranging in complexity, including:
- matters involving trusts and corporate structures;
- hiding assets and sham transactions;
- spousal maintenance;
- complex child support matters;
- farming cases; and
- matters involving tax issues.
Leah also has wide experience in child-related matters, which includes:
- relocation and recovery of children;
- matters involving allegations of child abuse and domestic violence;
- matters involving substance and alcohol abuse allegations;
- working with clients, their former partners and a jointly appointed therapist to negotiate care arrangements for children; and
- high conflict parenting disputes;
She has previously acted as a domestic violence duty solicitor for a busy metropolitan Court and understands the complexities involved in managing matters of this nature. She takes a very pragmatic approach to her cases as well as the method in which she advises her clients. Leah believes it is always best to give legal advice that is clear and straight to the point. Her straightforward approach assists her clients in understanding the law, the outcome they are most likely to achieve, and the quickest and most cost-effective way of achieving that outcome.
Passionate about helping people, Leah particularly loves helping fathers have a meaningful relationship with their children after separation. She is dedicated to regular pro bono work and is a volunteer and board member at the Gosnells Community Legal Centre, a government agency providing free legal assistance to disadvantaged members of the community.
- De facto and marital financial matters
- Parenting Matters
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
Admitted to Practice
- 2 May 2013 – Supreme Court of WA
- 28 July 2017 – High Court of Australia
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of Western Australia – Member
- Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Western Australia – Member
- Women’s Lawyers Association – Member
Meet the rest of the team
We are truly focussed on what matters to you. Let us work together to rediscover the light at the end of the tunnel.