Kathleen’s practice focuses on financial and child-related matters. She has been involved in a range of financial matters from simple matters to complex ones involving overseas assets and business interests. She has comprehensive experience not only in finalising a division of assets, but also in issues that arise pending settlement including identifying and valuing assets, uncovering hidden assets and transfers of funds internationally, spousal maintenance, and injunctions to preserve assets or prevent the sale of assets.
Her experience in child-related matters includes assisting parents and extended family members (such as grandparents, aunts and uncles) in relation to care arrangements for children, recovery and relocation applications, and child support issues. Many of the cases she has been involved with include allegations of child abuse or family violence, mental health problems, and substance abuse issues.
Kathleen provides her clients with no-nonsense advice. She enjoys helping clients resolve disputes without going to Court wherever possible, but if the need arises she has many years of experience representing clients in Court.
- Bachelor of Arts (Social Science), Edith Cowan University, 1996
- Bachelor of Laws, Murdoch University, 2001
- Master of Applied Law (Family Law), 2013
Admitted to Practice
- 2 April 2003 – Supreme Court of WA
- 10 November 2017 – High Court of Australia
Memberships & Associations
- Law Society of Western Australia – Member
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia – Member
- Member and former Councillor – Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Western Australia
- Former Councillor and Vice President – Collaborative Professionals WA
- Women’s Law Centre – Former Volunteer
- Women’s Law Centre – former Member, Deputy Chair & Chair of Board of Management
- Defacto and Marital Financial Matters
- Parenting Matters